Looking for DreamHost Webmail Guide? Find everything you do need to know about using the DreamHost Webmail is here.
What is DreamHost Webmail?
After you have added an email address in the DreamHost cPanel, you can access it using DreamHostwebmail or an email client such as Mac Mail or iOS devices, Outlook Software or Mozilla Thunderbird. Using Webmail and Composing emails and managing folders. Webmail in the Email Spam or Managing Spam emails.
Webmail is automatically configured to connect to the DreamHost mail server. The only credentials you must enter are your email address and password. You can Misc questions about DreamHost’s Webmail service.
DreamHost Webmail Login
You must have your email address and password to login to DreamHost Webmail. And you can login to DreamHost Webmail by following the steps below.
- First open this link webmail.dreamhost.com.
- Enter your Email account address and password in the field.
- Click on the ‘login’ button.
Change DreamHost Webmail password
Each DreamHost account has a primary email address assigned to it. This email gives you access to the DreamHost panel which you can access at panel.dreamhost.com.
Resetting your password
- If you cannot log into your panel (Forgot password link).
- To reset this password, visit the following link panel.dreamhost.com/id/forgot.cgi.
- Enter your email address and the system will send you an email with further instructions.
- Only the primary email set up on your account can reset your password using this link.
- If you require other people to access your account you must set up Account Privileges for each new user.
- If you can log into your panel (Reset password in the panel).
- Navigate to the Security page.
- At the top, enter your current password, followed by your new password.
- Click the Change button to update it.
Changing your DreamHost FTP user’s password
To change your user’s password in the panel:
- Navigate to the Files page.
- Click the ‘Show Info’ down arrow next to your hostname to open the settings box for the user.
- Click the Reset Password link.
- The following dialog box appears, prompting you to enter a password.
- If you wish to view the password, click the eye icon.
- Enter a password and click the Reset Password button to reset the password.
- If the password you entered is found in the database, the following message appears.
- You must enter a new password before proceeding.
- If necessary, enter a new password.
DreamHost Email client protocols and port numbers
The port numbers you set determine the protocol (IMAP or POP) your email client uses. There are four basic options.
IMAP secure is the recommended configuration
- IMAP (secure): Recommended
- POP3 (secure)
- IMAP (insecure)
- POP3 (insecure)
Insecure incoming port
Based on your decision to use POP or IMAP, choose the corresponding port number below. Once again, secure IMAP Server is recommended.
Incoming IMAP secure
- IMAP Port: 993 (Secure Transport SSL function enabled)
- POP3 Port: 995 (Secure Transport — SSL function enabled)
- IMAP Port: 143 (Insecure Transport — No SSL function enabled)
- POP3 Port: 110 (Insecure Transport — No SSL function enabled)
Outgoing SMTP port
Recommended outgoing ports
- SMTP Port: 465 (Secure Transport — SSL function enabled)
- SMTP Port: 587 Insecure Transport, but can be upgraded
- Secure Connection: using STARTTLS Not recommended
- SMTP Port: 25 (Outdated and not recommended, username / password authentication MUST be enabled if using this port)
How to set up DreamHost email on an iPhone?
The following shows you how to access your DreamHost email account on your iPhone (using iOS 14):
- Click the Settings IPhone Settings badge on the home screen of your iPhone.
- Tap Mail.
- Click Accounts.
- Tap Add Account.
- Press Other.
- Tap Add Mail Account.
- Enter the following information for the email account:
– Name: Your name, which displays on the receiving end.
– Email: Your email address, which is where replies are sent to and should likely be the same as your username.
– Password: Your password.
– Description: Description of this account.
- This appears as the name of your address on the ‘Settings’ page of your phone.
- When finished entering your new account details, tap Next in the upper right corner.
- Make sure ‘IMAP’ is highlighted, and then enter the following information for the Incoming and Outgoing Mail Server:
- INCOMING MAIL SERVER
– Host Name: This is either imap.dreamhost.com or pop.dreamhost.com.
– Username: email@example.com (the email address you’re accessing.)
– Password: Password for the email address.
- If you don’t know what this is, you can request/reset it from the Manage Email section of your panel by clicking the Edit button next to the address.
- OUTGOING MAIL SERVER
– Host Name: This is smtp.dreamhost.com.
– Username: firstname.lastname@example.org (the email address you’re accessing).
– Password: Password for the email address.
- If you don’t know what this is, you can request/reset it from the Manage Email section of your panel by click the Edit button next to the address.
- When finished entering the new mail server details, tap Next in the upper right corner.
- Click Save in the upper right corner to finish setting up your new mail account.
Set up DreamHost Webmail on an Android
Configuring your email
- Open the mail app.
- Select the ‘Other’ option.
- Enter the email address you wish to connect to. In this example, the email is email@example.com.
- Click the Manual Setup button.
- Choose which type of account you’d like to use. Your can IMAP is recommended.
- Enter your password.
- Enter the following ‘Incoming’ server settings:
– Username: Your full email address
– Password: The password of your email address
– Server: View the Email server name to ensure you’re using your correct mail server name.
- This should be either imap.dreamhost.com or pop.dreamhost.com.
- Click the Next button.
- Enter the following ‘Outgoing’ server settings:
– Username: Your full email address
– Authentication: Your password
– SMTP server: This should always be smtp.dreamhost.com.
- Click the Next button.
- Select your desired settings.
- Click the next button.
- Fill in the following two options:
- Give this account a name (Optional), just leave this as your address.
- Your name (Displayed on outgoing messages), you can change this to your actual name if you like.
- Click the Next button to complete the configuration.
Configure & Set up DreamHost Webmail on Outlook 2016 and 2019
- Open Outlook 2016 or 2019 from your start menu.
- On the top left, click the File tab.
- Click Add Account.
- Enter your email address.
- Click the ‘Advanced’ link and check the box to set up the account manually.
- Click the ‘Connect’ button.
- Choose POP or IMAP. You can IMAP server is recommended.
- On the next page, you’ll need to enter your Incoming and Outgoing settings.
– Server: This is your DreamHost mail server name, the example above uses imap.dreamhost.com for the incoming server. If you’d prefer a POP connection, you would use pop.dreamhost.com instead.
– Outgoing server: The outgoing server is always smtp.dreamhost.com.
– Port: If you chose IMAP, the secure port is 993. For outgoing ports, use 465 or 587.
– Encryption: SSL/TLS.
– Require logon using Secure Password Authentication: Check this box.
- Click the ‘Next’ button.Enter your password and click ‘Connect’.
- You will see a confirmation if it was successfully set up.
Configuring Windows 10 mail in DreamHost Webmail
- Click the ‘Start’ menu and search for the ‘Mail’ app.
- On the top left click ‘Accounts’.
- On the top right click ‘+ Add account’.
- Scroll down and click ‘Advanced setup’.
- Click Internet email.
- Enter your information.
– Email address: Enter your full email address
– User name: Enter your full email address
– Password: Enter your email password
– Account name: Enter a name for this account
– Send your messages using this name: Enter a name to display when sending messages
– Incoming email server: This is the name of the DreamHost mail server your email is hosted on. It should either be imap.dreamhost.com or pop.dreamhost.com.
– Account type: Can be POP or IMAP, but IMAP is recommended.
– Outgoing email server: This is the name of the DreamHost mail server your email is hosted on. This is always smtp.dreamhost.com
- Check all the check boxes
- Click Sign in.
- You should then see it was set up successfully.
- Click Done.
How to Configure DreamHost Webmail on Mozilla Thunderbird?
Mozilla Thunderbird is an open source mail client and RSS reader made by the organization who produces the Mozilla Firefox web browser. This is a free email client you can use with DreamHost. It can also be used as a backup client for testing purposes if you find your primary client is not functioning as it should.
Setting up Thunderbird
- Open your Mozilla Thunderbird.
- From the File menu, select New and then Existing Account.
- Enter the following settings:
– Your name: Enter the name of the user you’re setting up. This shows in the message ‘From’ details.
– Email address: Enter the full email address for your user here.
– Password: Enter the user’s password here. (The password is case-sensitive so make sure you enter the password exactly as it was created.)
– Remember password: You can check this box for so that the program doesn’t prompt you to enter the password each time you open it up.
- Once you enter the information above, click Continue on the bottom right.
- The correct settings for your mail server should appear.
- The incoming server should be either imap.dreamhost.com or pop.dreamhost.com.
- The outgoing server is always smtp.dreamhost.com.
- Click Done to complete the setup.
DreamHost cloud services are currently located in the United States, but accessible from anywhere globally. DreamCompute is located in our Ashburn, Virginia data center, and DreamObjects is located in our Irvine, California data center.
- DreamHost phone number : N/A
- Address: Los Angeles, California, United States
DreamHost is a Los Angeles-based web hosting provider and domain name registrar. It is owned by New Dream Network, LLC, founded in 1996 by Dallas Bethune, Josh Jones, Michael Rodriguez and Sage Weil, undergraduate students at Harvey Mudd College in Claremont, California, and registered in 1997 by Michael Rodriguez.
- Design Services
- Marketing Services
- Website Management Services
- Custom Web Development Services
- Featured Services
- Custom Web Design
- SEO Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Instant WordPress Setup
- FREE Privacy Protection
- FREE Email Hosting
- Automated Backups
- 24/7 Award-Winning Support
- FREE SSL Certificate
- Advanced, Easy-to-Use Panel
DreamHost Webmail Content Overview
- What is DreamHost Webmail?
- DreamHost Webmail Login
- Change DreamHost Webmail password
- Changing your DreamHost FTP user’s password
- DreamHost Email client protocols and port numbers
- How to set up DreamHost email on an iPhone?
- Set up DreamHost Webmail on an Android
- Configure & Set up DreamHost Webmail on Outlook 2016 and 2019
- Configuring Windows 10 mail in DreamHost Webmail
- How to Configure DreamHost Webmail on Mozilla Thunderbird?
- DreamHost Contact
- About DreamHost
- DreamHost Services
Read Also: Hover Webmail
Submit your review