Looking for Roundcube Webmail Guide? Find everything you do need to know about using the Roundcube Webmail is here.
What is Roundcube Webmail?
Roundcube Webmail project is a free and open source webmail solution with a desktop-like user interface which is easy to install / configure and that runs on a standard LAMPP server. Use the latest web standards to make skins functional.
They includes other sophisticated open-source libraries such as PEAR, an IMAP library derived from IlohaMail, the TinyMCE rich text editor, Googiespell library for spell checking and the HTML5-PHP sanitizer by Masterminds.
Roundcube Webmail Login
Roundcube is one of three free webmail applications offered on web hosting hubs with your hosting. You use webmail to check email from any computer that has access to the Internet.
- Step 1
Let’s login to webmail on the page.
- Step 2
Easily access Webmail by going to yourdomain.com/webmail in your favorite web browser.
- Step 3
A small window will show you for your username and password.
- Step 4
In any webmail program your username is the full email address you want to check and will be the password for that email address.
- Step 5
You use the full email address, not your cPanel username.
- Step 6
Once you are logged in, you will be presented with three webmail options.
- Step 7
Check that you entered the correct email account by checking the upper-right corner.
- Step 8
Click roundcube to open the roundcube webmail program.
- Step 9
You can now read and send emails from the logged in email address.
- Step 10
If you want to check email or send emails from a different account, see the steps above for your second email address.
How can Roundcube Webmail be used in Website?
- First Login to Webmail with the email account you want to send.
- Click Roundcube from the webmail options.
- You will then be logged into your webmail.
- Click the ‘Compose’ button.
- You will then be in the Roundcube on the Email Composition page.
- Fill in the two and subject fields, then type your email message in the body.
- When you type your email.
- Click on the ‘Send’ button.
- You will then be sent an email to the recipient.
- Done, now you know how to compose email in a roundcube.
Change email password with Roundcube Webmail
Use the step-by-step guide below to change the password for your email account in Roundcube Webmail.
- Login to your email account in Roundcube Webmail.
- And you put “yourdomainname.com/roundcube”.
- Click the “Settings” option in the lower right corner of your display email username.
- And on the left side panel, click “Password” option.
- Finally, enter your current password as well as a new password into the account to update.
Configure SMTP or POP/IMAP server on Roundcube Webmail
- To use Roundcube webmail with Microsoft Outlook, you need to configure the settings. Click on ‘Preferences.’
- In the ‘General’ tab, you can enable ‘Auto login’ and ‘Auto-login method.’
- Auto-login will automatically log you into your Roundcube webmail account when you start your browser.
- For auto-login, you can choose between ‘Login at startup’ and ‘Login at startup via HTTP proxy.’
- You can also choose the ‘Login method‘ as either ‘Windows login‘ or ‘Login via SSL.’
- You can disable the ‘Lock your session‘ option at your convenience.
- Then, you can also select the ‘Enable SSL‘ option if you want to use the SSL option for your webmail.
Setup SMTP Account
- In the ‘Accounts‘ tab, you need to configure the settings.
- Click on the ‘SMTP‘ button and click on ‘Add.’
- Enter the hostname of the SMTP server and then click on ‘Next.’
Setup POP/IMAP Account
- In the ‘Accounts‘ tab, you need to configure the settings.
- Click on the ‘POP3‘ button and click on ‘Add.’
- Enter the hostname of the POP server and then click on ‘Next.’
Configure the SSL Certificate
- In the ‘General‘ tab, you can set the SSL certificate.
- Click on the ‘SSL‘ tab and click on ‘Certificate.’
How to Setup Roundcube email account in Outlook?
- Click File in the upper left corner of the screen in Outlook.
- Click the “Add Account” button on the next screen.
- And go to the next screen.
– Add to your email account.
– Click Advanced Options and place a tick in “Let me set up my account manually”.
– Click the Connect button.
- Outlook will now try to connect to the account and select the “IMAP” option on this page, presenting some additional options.
- On the next screen you use the details sent to you in the setup email.
- Add mail.wireddomain.com to the incoming mailbox and change the port number to 993.
- Add mail.wireddomain.com to the Outgoing Mail Inbox and change the port number to 465.
- Change the encryption method for both incoming and outgoing output for SSL / TLS.
- Type the password they sent you on the next screen.
- Then click the Connect button.
- You should now receive a successful message on the final screen, click Done button.
- Finished, your email account is now set up in Outlook.
Modify password via Roundcube Webmail
- First, log in to your webmail.
- Click the Webmail Home button at the top right of your Webmail.
- And you choose password and security.
- Scroll down and click Password and Security under the Edit your settings section.
- New Password Enter your new password in the text-box or you will need to create a password to select the system for you.
- Confirm Second Password Re-enter your password in the second password box.
- The “Password Strength Meter” on the page will give the password strength.
How to Install Roundcube Webmail on Computer?
- First go to the Roundcube webmail login page roundcube.net/en/download.
- Download the Roundcube webmail software and extract it.
- You will get the Roundcube.zip file.
- Now, unzip it and install it the file.
- Click on Next, accept the license agreement
- Then click Finish option.
- Once installation is done, the Roundcube webmail program will open.
Setup and Configure Roundcube Webmail on an Android
- From the Home screen, then select Apps> Settings> Accounts & sync> Add account> Manual setup option.
- On the Incoming Settings screen, in the Protocol drop-down menu, select the “POP3” option.
- Enter the email address and username in the text-box.
- Then select the “Next” button.
- Enter your username the same as your e-mail address.
- In the Password text box, enter your password.
- The text box, enter your IPOP Server name as mail.yourdomain.com.
- In the Security type drop-down menu, then select the None option.
- For the incoming server port, then select 110 for POP3 option.
- On the Outgoing Server Settings screen, select the option you need and enter the username and password in the text box.
- In the Security type drop-down menu, select None option.
- Choose the SMTP Server text-box, enter the SMTP server name as your domain.
- For the outgoing server port, select 25 for POP3 option.
- Account Name In the text box, enter your account name.
- In the text box of your name, enter the name you want to display when sending e-mail to others.
- Then select Finish Setup option.
Roundcube Webmail Features Benefits
- Drag-&-drop message management
- Full support for MIME and HTML messages
- Multiple sender identities
- Address book with groups
- LDAP connectors
- Threaded message listing
- IDNA and SMTPUTF8 support
- Spell checking
- Canned response templates
- IMAP folder management
- Shared/global IMAP folders
- Support for external SMTP server
- Support for access control lists (ACL)
- Built-in caching for fast mailbox access
- Unlimited users and messages
- Import/export functions
- Template system for custom skins
- Plug-in API for flexible extensions
- Sophisticated privacy protection
- Brute-force login attack prevention
- XSS attack protection
- Support for PGP encryption
- Available in over 80 languages
- Three column view
- Responsive skin (multi-device support)
- Attachment previews
- Find-as-you-type address book integration
- Searching messages and contacts
3rd Party Additions
- Advanced search
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Calendar module
- 2-factor authentication
- Multiple accounts
How To Install Roundcube Webmail Client?
Roundcube is considered a modern and customized IMAP-based webmail client written in php. It has a large set of supports for viewing, organizing and composing emails, as well as contacts and calendar management. Using its plugin repository, you can add comparable functionality with popular browser-based clients.
To understand and use where Roundcube fits into your email infrastructure, let’s look at these step-by-step guides:
- The Mail User Agent (MUA) is the interface to which the user is contacted to view and send email.
- The Mail Transfer Agent (MTA) transfers from email sender to recipient.
- Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) is a protocol MUA. Is the M.T.A. Uses to send mail.
- The mail delivery agent receives emails from MTA and stores them.
- Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) is an Internet protocol used to deliver or send mail to MDS.
When you send an email to another server, the MUA transfers it to the MTA of your email server using SMTP. After several days, your recipient’s MTA will receive the email and use IMAP and transfer to their MDA.
Roundcube is a web-based IMAP email client. Roundcube’s most prominent feature is the pervasive use of Ajax technology. Roundcube is free and open-source software subject to the terms of the GNU General Public License, with exceptions for skins and plugins.
After about two years of development the first stable release of Roundcube was announced in early 2008.
Roundcube Webmail Services
There are thousands of services that make use of Roundcube to provide webmail to millions of users. They love to see our application in so many hands and believe it is essential for society at large to have Open Source software available for a crucial task such as communication.
Below is a list of services that not only use, but actively contribute to Roundcube and where usage of those services helps to improve and further develop Roundcube webmail. These are the services that make it possible for us to continue improving our software and to make it freely available for everybody. Preferring one of these services will help them to further support us.
- Run by Kolab Systems
- The developers of Kolab
- Kolab Now offers Mail
- Tasks and File Cloud on all platforms
- Including mobile
- Payments directly
- Contribute to provide
- Roundcube infrastructure
- Multiple Plugins
- Quality Internet Service
- Excellent Service
- High-quality internet services
- Social Engagement
Roundcube Webmail Content Overview
- What is Roundcube Webmail?
- Roundcube Webmail Login
- How can Roundcube Webmail be used in Website?
- Change email password with Roundcube Webmail
- Configure SMTP or POP/IMAP server on Roundcube Webmail
– Setup SMTP Account
– Setup POP/IMAP Account
– Configure the SSL Certificate
- How to Setup Roundcube email account in Outlook?
- Modify password via Roundcube Webmail
- How to Install Roundcube Webmail on Computer?
- Setup and Configure Roundcube Webmail on an Android
- Roundcube Webmail Features Benefits
– Main Features
– User Interface
– 3rd Party Additions
- How To Install Roundcube Webmail Client?
- About Roundcube
- Roundcube Webmail Services
Read Also: Meriton Webmail
Submit your review