Looking for Unimelb Webmail Guide? Find everything you need to know about using the Unimelb Webmail is here.
What is Unimelb WebMail?
Unimelb Webmail is allow to email, cloud and many more service. All University staff and students are provided an email account.
Get more done on the move across your favorite devices, remain connected and productive with a clear, unified view of your mails, calendars, contacts, and files.
Unimelb Webmail Login
You need to sign in to your University of Melbourne account to access the MicroSF Office Fee 365 (unimelb.edu.au). To do this, follow these steps:
- First Open this webpage.
- Enter your Username and valid password.
- Then click on the “login” button.
How Do Access Unimelb Student Email Account?
All student emails are hosted by Gmail.
You can access your student email by:
- Direct login page via Gmail account.
- Be sure to use USERNAME@student.unimelb.edu.au to login where USERNAME is the my.unimelb login.
- Via the’Email’ icon on the site of my.unimelb.
Your student email a part of your student Google Apps account, where you have access to other Google services such as Google Drive along with Google Docs. Visit the Student IT website for more information.
When setting up your University account for the first time, you receive a password and username for logging into my.unimelb along with your email. If you don’t remember your username and password, then you are able to go to the Account Management site.
It is a University requirement that all students check their student email accounts and my.unimelb Notices at least twice per week, including during University breaks or Leave periods.
Why are Email Addresses Different?
Students who have set their email automatically have a Google Apps account. On the Google Apps system, pupils have a primary address along with an email alias that others may use to send them email. An email alias works as a forwarding email address, so email sent to either address will appear in precisely the same inbox.
Students’ primary address and email alias usually adhere to the following format:
- (central username)@student.unimelb.edu.au.
- (first initial).(last name)@student.unimelb.edu.au, provided that no such alias already exists within the University.
To confirm your student email alias, visit your Personal Details page at my.unimelb. Your email alias will be listed here as your preferred email address.
Access to Student Email Account after Graduation
The University provides access to some systems for up to 12 months after you complete your course. After that, your access to University systems like your pupil Gmail account will be deactivated. This includes any email forwarding arrangements set up on your University email account.
You will be notified via email to your student Gmail account about when your account will be disabled. Notifications are sent:
- 180 days
- 30 days
- 14 days
- 2 days before the account is disabled
As student and staff accounts are thought to be separate, staff members that have previously studied at the University will not retain access to their student accounts after graduation.
To ensure you have continued access to your University information after graduation, remember to:
- Download your account Information: If you wish to keep a List of your Mails and files hosted in your University Google account, you must download Info before your account is deactivated.
- Connect your personal email to your My eQuals account: Insert your favorite personal email account to your My eQuals profile so you can continue to get your digital academic transcript, graduation certificate and other academic statements. After your University email is deactivated, you cannot use this email address to log into My eQuals.
If you study another course in the University of Melbourne, your student account with the same credentials will be clubbed. But as data from your prior enrolment may be flashed whenever your account is frozen, it’s important that you take the above steps to store your information.
Melbourne University Student Email
For a student enrolled in the University, you are supplied with a free web-based email account which is activated as a member of your online enrolment process. The reasons for this are as follows:
- Your student email address identifies you as a University of Melbourne student when you contact University staff.
- Your email accounts allows University employees to contact you about important information about your enrolment, fees, courses and classes.
- Due to privacy legislation, University staff cannot communicate information about your personal enrolment details to any email address other than your student email account.
How to Add Email Alias on Unimelb?
Alias student Gmail account
You can use your alias instead of your primary email address, to keep your username private, or if you have changed your name and have been given a new alias.
Your alias and primary email will usually stick to the following format:
- Alias: (first initial).(last name)@student.unimelb.edu.au
- Primary: (central username)@student.unimelb.edu.au
Adding your alias
- Log into your student Gmail account.
- Click the gear icon from the top-right corner, then click”Settings”.
- Click on the “Accounts” tab. When the alias you would like to use is on the list, then jump to”Sending email in my alias”.
- Otherwise, click “Add another email address”.
- Type your name (as you want your email recipients to see it) and your email alias (which must be a university email address).
- Ensure that “Treat as an alias” is ticked, then click “Next Step”.
- You may receive an email to confirm that you are the owner of this alias.
- Click the link in the email to proceed.
Setting alias address for sending mail
- Log into your student Gmail account.
- Click on the gear icon at the top-right corner, then click on”Settings”.
- Click on the “Accounts” tab, then click “make default” next to your email alias.
- On the same page, check that “Always reply from the default address” is ticked if you want all correspondence to go through your alias.
Change the ‘from’ address an email
- Click the “Compose” button to start a new email, or click the “Reply” link under an email you have received to reply to it.
- Click on the email address beside “From”.
- Select either your primary email address or your alias.
How to Enabling IMAP access within Gmail?
- Open a web browser.
- Login to the student portal.
- Click on New Emails.
- You should be taken to your Gmail account.
- In case you are not taken directly to Gmail, then you might see the term Proceed.
- Click on it.
- As soon as you accomplish your Click account, click the link or button tagged Settings.
- Select the tab called Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Change the IMAP standing from Disable IMAP to Enable IMAP.
- Click on ‘Save Changes’.
- Finally, because Gmail regards Outlook as a less secure application, they need to adjust our security settings.
- Click in your Google Account button, and it is located in the top right of the page, after the apps and folders.
- Then click ‘My Account’.
- A new tab will open. Beneath’Sign-in & safety’, click on’Connected apps & websites’.
- Scroll down to where it says ‘Allow less secure apps’ and click on the button to set it to ‘ON’.
Only a short walk or tram ride from Melbourne’s city center, the University of Melbourne’s main Parkville campus is a famous city landmark, with exceptional cultural, cultural and landscape features and amenities. If you want to contact the University of Melbourne, see the details below:
- Phone: 13 MELB (13 6352)
- International: +(61 3) 9035 5511
- International callers might need to add an international telephone prefix (eg: 011 from the USA).
- Postal address: The University of Melbourne, Victoria 3010 Australia
About Unimelb (University of Melbourne)
The Melbourne Model is a distinctive curriculum that provides students a wider comprehension of the world beyond their level. Equipped with a breadth and depth of knowledge, Melbourne graduates are flexible, adaptable and ready for any future.
From the time that our foundation stone was laid in 1853, to recent impacts and discoveries in biomedicine, law, humanities and cultural contributions, our stories graph a rich and intriguing past and point to an exciting future.
- Sport Facilities
- Information Technology
- Human Resources
- Research Gateway
- Students and Teaching
- Transport and Security
- Marketing and Communications
- Finance, Purchasing and Travel
- Health and Safety
- Library Services
- Legal and Risk
- Procurement Policies
- University Info Hub
- Student Life
Unimelb Webmail Content Overview
- What is Unimelb Webmail?
- Unimelb Webmail Login
- How Do access Unimelb student email account?
- Why are Email Addresses Different?
- Access to student email account after graduation
- Melbourne University Student Email
- How to Add Email Alias on Unimelb?
- How to Enabling IMAP access within Gmail?
- Unimelb Contact
- About Unimelb (University of Melbourne)
- Unimelb Services
Read Also: Usyd Webmail
Submit your review