Looking for University of Otago Webmail Guide? Find everything you do need to know about using the University of Otago Webmail is here.
What is University of Otago Webmail?
In Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand, there is a public research collegiate university known as the University of Otago. Otago University, one of the oldest in Oceania and the oldest in New Zealand, was established in 1869.
Information for prospective students, existing students, and staff on the top 1% of universities in the world, which is where the University of Otago is ranked.
University of Otago Webmail Login
To login University of Otago Webmail you will need University of Otago username and password so you first get it from University of Otago and login University of Otago Webmail using below steps.
- First open this webpage link website link.
- Enter your username and password.
- Tick on ‘Remember Me’ option.
- Click on the ‘Sign in’ button.
Change or Reset University of Otago Webmail Account Password
Changing settings for email access on your iOS device
First, you need to have wireless or mobile data network access.
- Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Click on your work email account, change your password, and then click Done.
Changing your iOS device wireless password
You will need to forget and then reconnect the network.
- Go to Settings > Wi-Fi.
- Click on the arrow by UO-STAFF and choose Forget network.
- Go back to Wi-Fi Networks and click on UO-STAFF.
- Enter your username and password and click Join.
- Accept the certificate if you are prompted.
Set up Education Department University of Otago email on iPad or iPhone
- Go to Settings and select Accounts & Passwords. If your mobile device uses iOS 10 or earlier, you will find the Accounts section under Mail, Contacts, Calendars instead.
- Select Add Account > Exchange.
- Enter your @otago email address in the email address field.
- Enter the password associated with your username in the password field.
- Under Description, create a name for the account, for example Work Mail, and tap Next.
- If you are using iOS 11, you may receive a prompt asking if you want to Configure Manually or Sign In, choose Sign In.
- If Sign In doesn’t work, go back and select Configure Manually. You can then enter the additional server/account settings as indicated below in Step 7.
- After verifying, enter the following settings:
- Server (if prompted): webmail.staff.otago.ac.nz
- Domain: registry
- Username: your staff username (used to access Staff Webmail, Staff Web Kiosk, eVision, Blackboard etc.)
- Password: the password associated with your staff username
- Tap Next, select the services you want to sync with (Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Reminders, Notes) and tap Save.
Emailing classes through University of Otago email
- In the Control Panel of your course open the Course Tools section
- Click Send Email
- Choose the recipient types
- Compose the email
- Click submit
How to Add University of Otago Mail (Webmail) to Android Device?
- Tap Settings > Account & sync (Accounts on some devices) > Add (+) account and select Exchange (or Exchange ActiveSync) account.
- You will be prompted for your email address so type this in the format: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enter the password associated with your staff username.
You may see a message saying that your account cannot be set up automatically or that the username/password combination is not recognised (depending on the type of device you are using). At that point select Manual configuration or setup and add the following settings:
- Server: webmail.staff.otago.ac.nz
- Domain: registry
Please note that if there is no separate Domain field, you should use “registry\USERNAME” (for example, registry\bonja00p) in the Username field.
- Username: your staff username (the one used to access Staff Webmail, Staff Web Kiosk, eVision, Blackboard, etc.)
- Password: the password associated with your staff username.
- Account name (if prompted) or Description: put something that you will recognise, for example Work Email
- Tap Next, then choose what data you would like your phone to sync with (Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Reminders, Notes). Tap Next to complete setup.
University of Otago Contact
- 362 Leith Street Dunedin 9016
- PO Box 56 Dunedin 9054 New Zealand
- Monday to Friday: 8:30am–5:00pm
Saturday – Sunday: Closed
About University of Otago
There were only three professors on staff when the university first opened in July 1871; one was in charge of teaching Classics and English language and literature, another was in charge of teaching mathematics and natural philosophy, and the third was in charge of teaching mental and moral philosophy as well as political economy.
A Professor of Natural Science was hired the next year. After receiving further funding in 1872, the curriculum was expanded and new lectureships were established; lectures in law began in 1873, and medical courses in 1875. Beginning in 1872, mining lectures were delivered, and a school of mines was founded in 1878.
University of Otago Services
- Sporting items
- Musical items
- Electronics & DVD’s
- 1-to-1 notebook program
- Compass portal
- Enhanced performance program
- Student/parent information
- Bell times
- Campion book list
- Steiner program
- Student insurance
- Instrumental music program
- International program
- Secondhand textbook & uniform trading
University of Otago Webmail Content Overview
- What is University of Otago Webmail?
- University of Otago Webmail Login
- Change or Reset University of Otago Webmail Account Password
- Set up Education Department University of Otago email on iPad or iPhone
- Emailing classes through University of Otago email
- How to Add University of Otago Mail (Webmail) to Android Device?
- University of Otago Contact
- About University of Otago
- University of Otago Services
Read Also: GHD Webmail Login
Submit your review