Looking for USC Webmail guide? Find everything you need to know about using the USC Webmail is Here.
What is USC Webmail?
USC Webmail is an email support that might be accessed with a standard web browser. They some web hosting providers also provide webmail as a part of their hosting package.
Webmail access is made possible through webmail software, such as Round cube or Squirrel Mail, installed and running on the email server.
How Do Access ‘mystudent’ Email?
Access your student email via:
- USC home page – select Current Students (icon located top-left of page).
- Login (listed in the ‘In this section’ drop-down list at the top right-hand side of page) > Email.
- Blackboard – click on the USC apps icon located in the top right-hand corner of the home page after log in > Mail.
- The Office365 login page.
If you are having issues accessing your email, make sure you are logging in from the correct USC student email login page using your full student email address (eg email@example.com), and entering your password correctly.
If you are still having trouble, contact the Student IT Help Desk.
Set the Student Device in Outlook
- Please use the current version of Outlook, which is available for all students to install for free on personal devices.
- Select if you want to set up your account using Exchange, O365 or IMAP.
(Exchange is recommended, but if it does not connect successfully, use IMAP.)
- View the instructions below for adding your student account to Outlook:
How to Use USC Wemail in offline?
You can back up your student email so you can access your messages when you aren’t connected to the internet. However, you will not be able to retrieve any new messages until you have an internet connection again.
To back-up your email:
- Set up your student email in Outlook.
- When your emails have downloaded to Outlook, you will need to back-up your emails.
- Follow the instructions below to:
– Back up email in Office 365 (applies to 2010 – 2016 versions)
– Back up email in Office for Apple MAC
For further assistance, contact the Student IT Helpdesk.
Set up USC General Mail on Google
You can use the settings below to manually configure any email program to connect to your Google Apps in USC account.
- Account Name: Enter USC Email.
- Mail Protocol: Select IMAP.
- Username: Enter your entire email address (such as: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Password: Enter your USC NetID password. Your USC NetID password will be the one which you use to connect with services such as my.usc.edu and Blackboard.
- Mail Address: Enter your full USC email address (for example, email@example.com).
- Incoming Mail Server: Enter imap.gmail.com.
- Incoming Mail Port: Enter 993 and Choose use SSL.
- Outgoing Mail Server: Enter smtp.gmail.com.
- Outgoing Mail Port: Input 587 and choose TLS (or STARTTLS in certain instances ).
How to Setup Email on IMAP or POP?
You will need the settings below to configure your email client:
- Incoming server – outlook.office365.com
- Port – 443
- Encryption method – SSL
- Incoming server – outlook.office365.com
- Port – 995
- Encryption method – SSL
For sending email
- SMTP outgoing server – smtp.office365.com
- Port – 587
- Encryption method – TLS
Set up USC Webmail in a Mobile Device
These tips can allow you to connect to a USC School of Medicine mailbox from a mobile device.
If you need additional assistance call in head office at +61 7 5459 4455 between Mon to Fri: 8.30 am–6 pm and Sat-Sun: 11 am–2 pm.
iPhone \ iPad iOS Setup
- Harness Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account.
- Tap Microsoft Exchange.
- Enter your full email address, usually firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Issue your USCSOM network password.
- Enter a description such as school e-mail (optional).
- Press Next key.
- Enter the following:
– Server: uscmed.sc.edu
– Domain: uscmed
– Username: Your USCSOM Network Username (typically first initial last name)
– Password: Your USCSOM network password
- Press Next button.
- Choose which content you would like to synchronize: Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Reminders and Notes.
- Press Save key.
Android Phone \ Tablet Setup
- In the Applications menu, choose Email (or Mail on some variations of Android).
- Type your full email address, e.g. email@example.com and choose Next.
- Select Exchange account (or Exchange ActiveSync on some versions of Android).
- Enter the following information:
– Domain/Username: uscmed/username
– Password: Enter your USCSOM network password.
– Exchange Server: uscmed.sc.edu
- Select Next button.
- Your phone will verify the settings.
- Choose the PEAP Account Option and select next and select MSCHAPV2.
- Type a name for the account and the name you want displayed when you send email to others.
- Select Done option.
How to install Office apps on a Chromebook
- Open the Google Play Store and search for the apps you want to set up.
- You can click on any of these links to download a specific app: (ex, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, One-Note, Office Lens, or Skype for Business.
- Click Install the one option.
- When your program (s) are installed, click on the Launcher on your Chromebook and then click on the program to open it.
- Sign in with your personal Microsoft Account or your account associated with your Microsoft 365 subscription.
- Watch Install and install Office on an Android for information on How Best to sign in to Office on Android.
Note: You can sign into the app with the account associated with your subscription to use more advanced editing features with Microsoft 365.
How to Convert School Email to Gmail Account?
You are able to add your own Madison College email address to your Gmail account and send and receive email only like with your Gmail address.
- First log in to your Gmail account.
- At the top right corner click the gear icon and select settings.
- Select the Account and Import tab.
- Then scroll down to the Assess email from other accounts department.
- Click Add a POP3 mail account you own.
- Enter your correct email address.
- Click next button.
- On the next screen enter your full email address again and your password.
- In the POP Server field type outlook.office365.com.
- Change the Port to 995.
- Check the box to leave a replica of retrieve information on the server if you would like your college mails to remain accessible Once You log in through the college Website, otherwise they’ll simply be available in Gmail.
- Check the box to Always use secure connection SSL when retrieving mail.
- It is possible to check the box to label incoming messages if you prefer.
- Click ‘Add account’ button.
USC Webmail support (contact) number
The Student IT Help Desk provides students with assistance to access the USC network and troubleshoot problems with logins, passwords, and access to USC information technology systems such as email and Hotmail.
STUDENT IT HELP DESK:
First floor, Library
USC Sunshine Coast
Monday to Friday: 8.30 am–6 pm
Saturday and Sunday: 11 am–2 pm
Monday to Friday: 11 am–2 pm
About USC University
The University of the Sunshine Coast is a public college based on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia. After launching with 524 pupils in 1996 as the Sunshine Coast University College, it was renamed the University of the Sunshine Coast in 1999.
The university has a flagship campus at Sippy Downs on the Sunshine Coast, with more campuses at Hervey Bay on the Fraser Coast, Gympie, Caboolture, and South Bank in Brisbane. USC also has research hubs in Noosa and North Lakes.
- Blackboard Consulting
- Blackboard Data Integration
- Classroom Equipment Request
- Learning Environments Software Request
- Campus Security And Emergencies
- Online Payments
- Sonia Online
- Myusc – Staff Resources
USC Webmail Content Overview
- What is USC Webmail?
- How Do Access ‘mystudent’ Email?
- Set the Student Device in Outlook
- How to Use USC Wemail in offline?
- Set up USC General Mail on Google
- How to Setup Email on IMAP or POP?
- Set up USC Webmail in a Mobile Device
- How to install Office apps on a Chromebook
- How to Convert School Email to Gmail Account?
- USC Webmail support (contact) number
- About USC University
- USC Services
Read Also: Amnet Webmail
Submit your review